This is old news, but all hope is not lost - there is a chance for resurrection.

After getting it working in June, I had several problems I had to fix that I just touched on in the alive post.

  • Several computers had corrosion, bad solder joint problems.
    • The body CPU ended up what gave me problems years ago. It came down to the anti-theft system indicated a break-in and it would not start. Took a little while but I bypassed the circuit and stepped around it.
  • The power steering CPU indicated problems, but it stopped after a few days.
  • The rear brake calipers were shot, replaced them.
  • The clutch hydraulic system had problems. Replaced the master cylinder.
  • I had the body CPU bad solder joints repaired by a TV repairman (who else knows how to solder anymore?)
    • That fixed a few thing, but not the theft cutout. Bought a new CPU an fixed all the minor problems.

After those problems were fixed, I got a new set of tires and started driving it a couple times a week with no problem. It still had the getup and go I remembered. I was ready to get a new top and have it painted and enjoy it while I could. With the problems and the age, let alone insurance costs, it was not a good choice for my grandson.

James, my son, came down for a visit and we took it for a spin - time to show it off. About a mile down the road the power steering computer started giving off warning beeps. We went a few miles down the road then came back, still beeping. Said I have to look up the problem later. Parked it for a few days and was going to take it some where, but the beeps started as soon as I put the key in. About a week later I tried it again and no beeps - but it would not start. Cranked and cranked, but would not start.

Spent about a week trying to figure out what could have gone wrong, bad engine CPU, relay etc. Changed plugs, no joy. Somewhere in the trouble shooting chart it said to check compression.

Bang

I had zero compression in the front rotor. Checked, double checked. It went from working fine to nothing. It appears that I lost an apex seal on the front rotor, and the rear rotor compression reading was not that good of a reading. The apex seal is about the same as a piston ring on a piston car. This was not quick or easy fix. This happened sometime in September.

I did some research and I probably would have to have engine overhauled. About $1500 by myself or $2500 to send it off. With winter approachingvand no room in the garage, I decided to wait until spring.

Spring is getting close, so after Jesus arises this Sunday for the 2000+ time, and I get back from PA, I’ll see if I can remove the engine.

It was a sad day when it happened.